Friday, August 1, 2014

Folk Art Friday: Pennsylvania Dutch Trivet


My mom recently put her colonial home on the market. The two story house with its half acre yard just became too much to take care of, so she made the decision to downsize.

Downsizing the square footage also meant downsizing the stuff. So Mom chose what to keep and what to get rid of, and my six siblings and I helped her sort through the rest.

I found this old metal trivet and knew I had to bring it home. This art is so typical of Pennsylvania Dutch style. The sentiment was definitely true of my parent's home...lots of love and lots of laughter. We were blessed to grow up there.


Now the trivet is at home in the kitchen of another old colonial.

Retro cool...because blessings never go out of style!

No comments:

Post a Comment