Friday, July 25, 2014

Folk Art Friday: Fraktur


Traditional homes have a lot of walls. And a lot of walls means you need a lot of artwork. But not just any artwork, because you live in a traditional home.

It's a catch-22.

Consequently, I am always on the lookout for new pieces of art that will fit the period of my home.


I found this piece of fraktur art at an antique store in Noblesville, Indiana earlier this month.


The simple fraktur design spoke to me.




And when I turned the piece over to read this small plaque, I knew it would have to go back to my Pennsylvania home with me!


When I bought it, I really did not know where it would go in my house, but I knew that it would "go" in my house, if you know what I mean.

I had it propped for a few days over the piano in the living room, but I knew that was temporary. In the end, I decided that it had to go in the dining room, above the antique high chair. A happy mix of wood tones and folk art florals.


Fraktur for a Folk Art Friday...say that three times fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment